Saturday, May 12, 2012

Keep Runnin...Runnin and Runnin!

Was a gorgeous cool, rainy day here in Olive Branch today. It was a fantastic day for a run! Today was the Olive Branch MayFest 5K run. I was ready to redeem myself. The last few races have not improved my time! So today I was determined to give my all and push harder than I have before. The funny thing about pushing yourself....I seem to never think I gave my all. I always think back and say maybe I could have ran more in that stretch or maybe I could have done better on the hills. But I think that's just normal! I think I will always want to improve...that's how we grow and conquer more goals and dreams. Today was a great day! My best 5k time so far has been 42:27 and today I did it! (insert drum roll)....my time was 39:23! That's 3 minutes and 4 second improvement! I guess the last few weeks of running distances has really helped me! I am so excited! Its not a time that will win me any awards but it's a major accomplishment for me!! I don't really have any time goals in mind...but I'd like to at some point be able to do a 5k in 36 minutes. If it takes me 2 years to do that...then I will be jumping up and down at the finish line!!!! I have 2 weeks left until we run the Navy 10 Nautical Mile race in Millington, TN. I'm going to do some more distance training over the next few weeks. I really hope it rains it's butt off that day....snow in June? Maybe that's a reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment