Sunday, May 6, 2012

Wash that April right outta my hair!!!

April was a difficult month! I lost both my dad and my grandmother in April this year. Both of their deaths were difficult and happened just a few days apart. Needless to say I wasn't on track or as focused for a few weeks....but I still managed to get my work outs in....eat right most days nd even participated in a few 5k races. I don't intend this blog post to be a remanifistation of my feelings....I'll just say it was the hardest things I have ever been through/ am going through and I am working everyday to sty focused and begin moving on. WARRIOR DASH!!!! I had the warrior dash race in Jackson, MS planned for nearly 6 months with 2 friends and my son. We went! We had a blast going through the obstacles, running and falling in mud (even if that last part was only me)!!!! It was a pretty chilly day....but running the race.....made even that cold frigid water feel great!!!! Byhalia 5k This past Saturday me and a lot of my boot camp pals ran in the Byhalia, ms 5k and it was fun.....errrrrrr ......being honest it was HOT and HILLY!!!! But I placed 18th. Lol out of about 50. My time was 45. Remember I'm not a runner.....I'm a finisher!!!!! Today my friend tonya and my daughter Briley (7) went to the Shelby farms Green Line trail and ran/walked about 7.5 miles. We are preparing for the Navy, 10 Nautical mile race (11.5 land miles) that's to be held on the sweltering, June 3rd! I hope I can finish in under 4 hours! It will be hard and very hot!!! We are praying for the rain god to shower us that day! We want a torrential down pour!!!! ....well I do! Zoom Through The Zoo Two friends and I are running in the local zoo 4 mile run on the 24 th of this month....i That should be fun....I'm looking forward to that! Planning: Green Mile 1/2 and St.Jude 1/2 Still doing the bootcamp everyday...but planning to try and work in a mile or 2 run before work a few days per week.....just need to increase my calorie burn. In the last month I have lost about 7-8 pds..... Onside ring the month of April....I'll take it! Watch out May....I have a biggest loser contest to win! Hey.....for a non runner I sure am doing a lot of races! Till next time....aim at your goals, take action and just get up and move! Happy early Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment