Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Training

I have about 2 weeks left until I run the Navy Nautical Mile race, which is 11.5 miles. That will be the longest distance I have ever run..I was so nervous about signing up and committing myself to that long of a race! I have been training for it for the last month. I don't have as much time as I would like to have but I'm able to dedicate 1-2 days a week to running and one of those days has been distance. I started about 4 weeks ago at 6 miles, then Rogresed for 2 weeks to 7.5 miles and this past weekend I did 9.5 miles It took me 2 hrs and 35 minutes and I burned 1800 calories (thanks bodybugg for keeping track!). The course I'm training on is pretty much all Jill's and is gravel so it's definitely a trail run. 9.5 miles wiped me out....it was hard and I wanted to do 10 but I couldnt drag myself the last 1/2 a mile! I had my daughter pick me up in the golf cart! I am doing the zoom through the zoo on Thursday night, which is 4 miles, then I will do some running this weekend....but I don't think it wil be 10 miles.....sometimes my personal life gets in the way!!!! Lol I'm currently at a 69 pound loss! Looking forward to the next 50!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment