Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In the begining

Where to begin? I guess I should start with telling you a little bit about myself and how I got to where I am. 

Hello. My name is FAT.

I could lie and say that I don't know how I became this way... but truthfully I got this way by ignoring my eating and exercise habits for my entire adult life. I was pretty "fit" throughout high school, played sports, etc. Then after having my first kid (I sometimes like to blame it on childbirth)... I just began to stack on the pounds.

I probably literally gained 100 pounds  in about 5 years.. which honestly is pretty easy to do.  Then I was in "maintain" mode. I stayed the same weight for probably 7 years, give or take the "yo-yo" dieting, where I would lose 40 or 60 pounds, only to gain it back in a few months.

In 2011 I decided was the year that I was going to take charge of my life and make a change for the better.  When I made the decision to "get healthy" I don't think I fully contemplated what that meant. I just knew that I didn't want to spend the rest of my, likely limited years, living the way I was. 

In addition to being probably 120 pounds over weight I was also a smoker....

I still haven't answered the question of how I got this way, besides the obvious fact of pure laziness.... I guess I will have to say that I never made time for myself.

I spent the last 16 years focusing on my career and my family.  It wasn't until 2011 that I realized that if I didn't make major changes, I wasn't going to be around for the "long haul" to enjoy the fruits of my labor.... and that's when I began dabbling with "getting fit".

I have a job that is very busy and 2009-2011 I spent nearly 50% of my time traveling. Traveling is NOT easy when you are trying to get healthy! Lots of long days, unhealthy meals, end of the day exhaustion and no one to help hold you accountable to working out at the end of each day.

I started out in 2011 decently. I "worked" out about 4 times in 6 months.  More so than I had done in 5 or 6 years. I take that back.. I had some inconsistent bouts with the gym....the gym always won and kicked my ass.. and I went home exhausted armed with plenty of excuses to never return....

In July I got a wild hair up my bum and decided to buy a groupon for a local Memphis boot camp club.
I had about a month to think about this and amp myself up.  This boot camp was being held OUTSIDE in the MEMPHIS heat, 4 days per week.  I survived, did more than I ever expected I could do... and became addicted.

I have no idea what my beginning weight was b/c I didn't weigh... but i really never changed my eating habits during my this 6 week boot camp.  I want to put my beginning weight on here.. but I can't bring my self to typing the three #'s.... EEEKKK...

Fast Forward to the fall of 2011 (September) and I joined another FANTASTICALLY awesome boot camp a LOT closer to home, with a FANTASTICALLY FABULOUS instructor.  I <3 this boot camp, I am more addicted than ever to working out. I still have a LONG way to go. But I am stronger and able to do SO-MUCH more than I could in September!

Here is a link to my boot camp class... and also the FACEBOOK page for where I take boot camp.
BOOTCAMP-BLOG
BOOTCAMP-FACEBOOK

Stay tuned to see how my journey has been since September!!!

HERE IS THE MOST HIDEOUS PICTURE I COULD FIND OF MYSELF!!! THIS IS THE WEEK BEFORE I STARTED WITH MY 2nd BOOT CAMP!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Girl you are doing so awesome!!!! I started to blog about my weight loss journey too!!! Keep it up girl! I am telling you, you are a great inspiration!!!! ~~~~Lisa~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa!! Ill have to ck out your blog as well!!! Keep it up!!! We are doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa I would like to check out your blog too! How do I find you? Jaime, I am still amazed at how well you are doing....I am like a kid at Christmas every week when you come in to workout. I can't wait to see how you've changed. :) You are proving to sooo many how hard work and dedication AND eating right pays off! I am so proud of you and thank you again for allowing me to help in your journey!

    ReplyDelete