Thursday, January 26, 2012

That was 5 months?

So it's been about 6 months since I joined the Work of Art Boot Camp. I am having so much fun, have met some amazing people who I get encouragement from everyday! When I first started working out I made some small strides to change And improve my eating habits. I stopped drinking cokes, I looked for more low cal-fat free and sugar free options. That worked for about 2 months...then my busy life caught up and I started back sliding and allowing the fast food back in.

My weight loss was slow from sept - dec...I lost about 15 pounds. Which is not terribly bad. I just really wanted more considering how hard I was working out.

In comes the holidays. I held strong through Thanksgiving....and only gained 2 pds during Christmas. Not too bad.

In January I began a sugar free challenge (I'll post the challenge) and wow! I dropped 14 pounds in about a week and a half. Now....I'm still avoiding sugar, allowing natural sugars....but I feel like maybe I haven't been as strict on myself with this challenge lately as I could be.

Yes there have been times I've slipped....but I mostly am eating right....I think it's just becoming an easier process and one that doesn't require so much thought. But my weight loss has stalled.

It's been over a week and I have not lost any more weight to speak of.

I think I need to increase my Cardio and maybe I'm not eating enough.

Typically I'm eating:

Atkins meal replacement shake for breakfast or oatmeal
Fruit around 10
lean cuisine for lunch
Try to have fruit or whole wheat crackers around 3
Usually a salad, or chicken/fish dinner
Sugar free jello or no sugar added ice cream .5 cup) for snack


I work out Mon - Thur for an hour

I try and run a little on the weekend....I am going to run a 5k in april :)


BTW I did quit smoking in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment