Saturday, June 30, 2012

Too hot to work out?

Here in Olive Branch it's been very warm this week...actually most people would say its been down right HOT! I haven't had much time to pay attention! It's been all work and no play this week! Mornings have been nice and I took full advantage of the cooler temps and took the dogs on some light runs inthe mornings all week except on Friday. The dogs are getting so used to going in the mornings (one at a time of course!) that when my alarm goes off around 5:15 or so...I can hear the dogs whining and getting excited! I think they are saying:

"it's my turn today"
"No she is going to pick me!"
Made it out to bootcamp each day and had great workouts each day...in fact I was pretty sore each day as we are pushing harder it seems every day!
Got some new shoes yesterday from Breakaway running in Germantown, TN. Brooks -Ghost. So far so good!
Today I went with my friend Tonya to midtown to get started on our Marathon training...it was pretty warm by 7 am..about 86 degrees and we ran 3.3 miles. Was a good run...no record breaking times we did some interval work...we have work to do!
At 10 today I went to a Zumba class at a local club in Southaven MS...Zumba is fun...but more importantly it's a great cardio workout. I hope to be able to keep doing it on Saturdays.
On the way home I went by Kroger and stocked up on some great fruits for my shakes and snacking in general! I am really looking forward to making my own protein shakes each day. I went to GNC and got some "GNC Lean Shake" mix. Once home I had my first meal of the day...a chocolate bananna shake. Was a great treat on a hot day!
My diet all week has been good except for yesterday....when I made three accidental trips to fast foods :( but I didn't plan my food that day....and it's life! It happens...it just can't happen everyday!
Good luck and keep your goals in focus....just remember who you are making the changes for...YOU! Don't let people or obstacles stand in your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment